Actual status of Asch

• Good day everybody the last couple weeks I've been following really close the development of the ASCH coin. It has been a rollercoaster but this is the first time that I'm going to say my whole feelings about this.

1. It's of public knowledge that after the China ban news a few people requested to the Asch team to list the coin in western exchanges and they just say they were working on it and we know what happen after that. Dutchasch talked with some european exchanges and catch the interest of 1 exchange and made an appointment for the exchange representative and the Asch team members, so far what result of that was a huge disappointment in that meet, as Dutchasch said the Asch team member that talked with the exchange was very unprofessional and basically throw away the opportunity to be listed in a wester exchange. Later the Asch team tell to Dutchasch that they can't give him the reward of the 50 000 dollars because the person who promise him that reward, was not part of the Asch team.

2. When the whole China Ban happen a few members of the community offer their services to help in the marketing area and to be listed in western exchanges, the answer was they already hired a marketing company to do the job, so it left us with just the Social Media area. In this regard they selected a members of the community to do this task. Until now I thought that the person(s) in charge of the social media was a western or english fluent person, but after visit bitcointalk,twitter,facebook and other platforms it seems like it is a bunch of different people that don't even talk with each other frequently or there is a lack of communication. Some answers and behavior of the persons in charge of this accounts can really damage the image of the coin.
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2176697.msg23902978#msg23902978
      https://twitter.com/AschPlatform/status/923525574529654785

3. I comprehend that you may want a minimalist design but the last "new site" was just a wordpress template that can be done in less than an hour, if you are going to do something like that it should be announced way before, and tell everyone that it will be only a draft version or something like that. The asch team needs to decide what they want, in one hand you show us a block explorer and a pc wallet full of blue, white, transparencies and animations and in the other hand we have a reddit with just white and black scheme as the new site. None of this sites has a drop of the colors present in the logo in the bbs forum. There seems like no identity in the coin, just look at neo, lisk, iota, factom,ethereum etc. All of them have and defined scheme of colors, sizes logos in their sites.

4. I know that the Asch team think this a community project but let's be honest this is not the case. This is an ICO project that have a community and ICO investors want to see professionals doing the job, any ICO need to have an area where the investor could see who is behind the project. Almost every ICO or project that don't want to show who is the team behind result in a big scam and if you want a can give you examples of the them the most recent that coin Signatum. Right now 1 of the main theme of concern for me is that almost the whole code is write by just 1 developer and he has all my respect because that's something really hard to achieve but let's see more than meet the eye. What will happen if the main developer for X or Z situation can't keep doing the job, you know that centralization has a lot of risk and this case is not the exception, in that regard lisk is winning right now.

5. Delegate/Masternodes at this time the system is pretty broken because nobody has a real motivation to vote for any masternode, the lack of interest comes from the lack of benefit, think it for a moment why somebody should spend a fraction of his coins when there's nothing in exchange and even worse the guys in the top rich list are those that are running the masternodes. Of the 101 masternodes I know just a handful number of them that are doing something to help the community, the rest of them I don't even know their names. Claiming that Asch team want decentralization is just an oxymoron when the opportunity to have a masternode is just for the persons with a big chunk of money and you don't even need to do something for the coin, you just use the vote system to your benefit. The lack of information that explain to the investors that they are not going to receive any coins as any other DPOS is other of the problems.

6. Reward system. Many of you maybe remember my post about how to obtain a lot of Asch coins. Well the last days I realized that the problem is that nobody want to do something so complicated and time demanding like a video, article or review because is not worth it, why would you do that if the amount of potential reward it's in the same level as just give a name for a wallet, or cheat and make many accounts in bbs forum. There is no incentive, bug bounty, hackathon or something similar. A few weeks ago I sent a message with a draft translated to other language different to the English and those persons don't answer me ... don't even a "f*ck you" haha.

As pasha said in his post this is not an attempt of FUD or attack, pretty much it is the actual feeling of the many asch supporters and I’m gonna take the role of the scapegoat for everybody that feels like me but don’t want be look as a FUDster.

PS. Please forgive me if something is not clear or you don’t understand what I mean, but it’s difficult for me to explain everything because English is not my mother language.

• @admin "We hope to make Asch’s DPOS mechanism unique among others" seeing how my one and only significant criticism of Asch is the delegate system, do you care to elaborate further? No system will be perfect, but I feel the current dpos set up is going to be fairly regressive going forward. I posted my own thought about how it could be broken down in Slack if you're interested in my thoughts on the matter.

• @admin Great answer except for the website part. You are saying there is an UI but sadly there is not. When you first arrive on the website you just don't know where to click to find content. When you find the content, it's written so small and so compact that it hurts your eyes to read and your brain is screaming at you to leave the website as soon as possible.
    There is no style, no design, no user interface, only small text written on your website without taking any consideration to make your visitor having a smooth and easy experience on it.
    There is no logo of your diamond. The old website had a strong visual impact on anyone with that diamond and yellow color and that's mainly why i was interested in your project. I knew others will have the same impression than me. I would have found your actual website, i really really don't know if i had invested as much as i invested first time. And i know for sure i would never have promoted your project. Now my subscribers on twitter are asking me why did i ever consider promoting you as you don't have a valuable website. It's really give myself a hard times to make them understand that despite everything you are saying or showing, the technical part of your project deserve to look at you more deeply. You just don't make our promotion work easy.

For the part where someone said it could have been done in one hour, i agree it's not fair, but actually a better website would have been easy to make in only one day (hear my words, i'm working in websites for 10 years). You just have to find a beautiful responsive template for 30$ and add your logo and text on it. Really, the result would have been far more better. Crypto world is an internet based community and everyone have some basic knowledge on what is a good website or not. It's suicidal to release a website like this and show it to the crypto world and the more you wait to fix this situation, the more it will be difficult to get back a good impression from the crypto world. You don't usually have a 2nd chance to get a good impression, nor even a 3rd chance. And by now, i think with your twitter communication already showing bad side and now your website, your next move will be critical to not make XAS price drop really low.

I heard you are not releasing information about asch team because asch project is a community driven project but how can i trust that if you don't listen to your community ?
    If it was really a community project, you would have asked your community how we find your new website before releasing it. It had a HUGE impact on the reputation of your project and so on your community too. Everyone looking down at us as they don't understand how we can support a project like you only because of your website or the way you are/were talking on twitter and bitcointalk. It's not taking care of us to make a significant move like this without taking community consideration first. Truly not a community driven project for now.

To conclude some screenshots as it can speaks more louder than words.
    0_1509881484299_pb asch.png
    0_1509881539429_xas2.png

• I"m sad to read that people anno 2017 still declare that: ' A good enouh website is ok and it can be fixed later'. This is just denial of human psychology. A homepage is your face, people never forget a first impression and a bad first impression goes a very long way and you need tons of energy to convince people from the opposite later. So let me put things straight, declaring that iAsch is doing great promotion work on social media is just a poor use of a teams energy and time untill you got a strong brand and identity. People not only invest because they can make money, they invest because they feel part of something, they even buy T-shirts ot the company they believe in. It saddens me deeply to read that a strong brand is something for later, every organization that takes himself serious knows that this is not the case. You need a consistent face to the world, people come to websites because they like the colors and the experience, they even remember more what they just read.....because the experience stays fixed in their brains.
    Time and time again companies fail because they just deny how human psychology works. . Its just a shame that the lack of identity is defended by saying that you cant please everyone. Indeed you cant please everyone ,so Asch really needs to start thinking hard and fast on:

1. Who are we?
    2. How would we be liked to be seen by the rest of the world?
    3. How does the rest of the world sees us?
    4. Do 2 and 3 match?
    5. If not , why?
    6. Do investors send other people to my website? If not why?
    7. If I would sell T-shirts of Asch, would people wear them? If not why?

You can laugh at 6 and 7, but I wouldn't laught at all...just human psychology. If you got a yes to 6 and 7 you dont need a marketing team at all and people will do all the work for you because they are proud to be linked to Asch.....

There is zero but really zero excuse possible for the lack of branding or a good website. Branding doesnt have to cost lots of money , neither does a good website.

I will stop it here and wait for answers, if the "team" keeps on being stuborn about basic human psychology I'll draw my conclusions.

• administrators

@minertrader
    Hi Minertrader,
    Asch team first wanted to thank you for getting to know and support Asch since long ago, and made a great video of Asch development visualization.
    And we also appreciated you taking so much of your time to draft the thread for issues listed and gave valuable suggestion.
    Since there appears to be some misunderstanding on some of the issues, Asch team wanted to clarify here so we all can be on the same page:

1.Dutchasch talked with some european exchanges and catch the interest of 1 exchange and made an appointment for the exchange representative and the Asch team members, so far what result of that was a huge disappointment in that meet, as Dutchasch said the Asch team member that talked with the exchange was very unprofessional and basically throw away the opportunity to be listed in a wester exchange

1. Later the Asch team tell to Dutchasch that they can't give him the reward of the 50 000 dollars because the person who promise him that reward, was not part of the Asch team.
      About Dutchasch, the European exchange he initiated and the $50,000 bounty.
    1. First of all, every community member can initiate the listing process with any exchanges that they think are appropriate for Asch. And Asch team will try the best to coordinate while evaluating exchanges based on team’s criteria. Getting Asch into contact with exchanges is step one. Even if those exchanges agree to list XAS, it does not mean that XAS will eventually be listed. There are many other determining factors involved in this process, such as exchanges’ legibility, reputation, cost , future vision and etc. If a normal exchange want us give tens of thousands, even millions to list, we don’t think it’s a good deal. we have our own consideration and criterion.

2. The $50,000 bounty that Dutchasch complained about.
      One of Asch delegate used to claim on the forum that he would reward someone of $50,000 if that person helps Asch get listed on Poloniex specifically. It was his own decision to make that claim and not Asch team’s, unfortunately. It’s been explained before couple of times and we just want to make it more clear this time.

3. Asch has not been listed on Poloniex yet. So if eventually someone help Asch get listed Poloniex successfully, our delegate would still keep his promise for the $50,000 bounty

4. There are so many exchanges available in the crypto world nowadays. If we miss one for whatever reason, we can always try another. Asch team has been talking with all major exchanges as much as possible. Just stay tuned.

1. I comprehend that you may want a minimalist design but the last "new site" was just a wordpress template that can be done in less than an hour, if you are going to do something like that it should be announced way before, and tell everyone that it will be only a draft version or something like that. The asch team needs to decide what they want, in one hand you show us a block explorer and a pc wallet full of blue, white, transparencies and animations and in the other hand we have a reddit with just white and black scheme as the new site. None of this sites has a drop of the colors present in the logo in the bbs forum. There seems like no identity in the coin, just look at neo, lisk, iota, factom,ethereum etc. All of them have and defined scheme of colors, sizes logos in their sites.

About the new website.

1. Why did we decide to choose the current design style this time?
      We wanted to make the style simple enough so that we could present the most important content to our community members – What is Asch. We were hoping to use the simplest language to explain to you based on our years of work and efforts. Saying that it can be done including the content in approximately an hour using wordpress template does not seem fair enough.

2. One UI can never satisfy everyone. We are aware of both positive and negative feedback on the new site, and we will keep working on its UI. However, we cannot stress it enough that optimizing a solid foundation for Asch platform is the most essential, valuable and time consuming process to Asch team. Other products such as block explorer and web wallet are accessory tools and our goal is to make them as user friendly as possible, instead of just focusing on visual part to make it appealing to everyone. We are not saying that visual representation is not important, it’s just there are priorities at the moment.

3. In terms of the future UI design for the new site, Asch team’s minimum requirement is to use Asch’s crystal logo and its related theme. We don’t have too many other constrains on how UX/UI designers should do. We encourage creativity. If anyone who is interested in helping Asch redesign the new site, please feel free to contact us.

4. Regardless, we will keep working on the new site.

4、About Asch development team having only one developer.

1. It is simply not true. There are many other open-source programs under Asch Platform. If you take a close look at all the source codes, you will find out that there are at least five other developers instead of just one. Besides the open-source ones, there are 10 other programs that are not open yet for the moment, such as the front and back end of Cctime, Kourmeicottage, Asch wallets. Currently, we have seven full-time developers in the Asch team, plus several part-time developers from the community.

Just as an example, I wanted to share screenshots for some of the programs that are not open yet, as the public ones can be found online.

Figure 1.
    0_1509802300289_1111.jpg
    Figure 2.
    0_1509802325117_88888.png
    Figure 3.
    0_1509802351783_aaa.jpg
    0_1509802377031_bbb.jpg
    0_1509802392915_cccc.jpg
    0_1509802412447_dddd.jpg
    0_1509802435381_eee.jpg
    0_1509802461807_fff.jpg

1. About Asch DPOS and incentive mechanisms.

Asch team receives feedback and suggestions on DPOS and incentive mechanisms every once a while, and I believe other communities would have the same thing.
    There has not existed a perfect DPOS mechanism in the crypto world yet. Always some people get benefits and some people get upset at the same time, because everyone thinks it from their own perspectives which we can’t blame them at all. We hope to make Asch’s DPOS mechanism unique among others. We aim to keep it fluid enough while being stable. Everyone is encouraged to work hard and make contributions to Asch community, and have a chance to become top 101 to receive the incentives they deserve.

1. About the reward system.

We sincerely hope that whoever is willing to contribute to Asch community, please state your reward expectations upfront, if you already have them in mind. We do not really want to see it happen that one gets upset and misleads other investors by stating that Asch team treats them badly or unfairly because they do not get what they expect. If one takes the initiative to offer voluntary help to Asch, we’d certainly very much appreciate it. Asch community will reward the ones who work hard to make it a better community using the community funds, but at the same time please understand that we try to be fair to everyone within the budget.

We hope that we addressed your concerns this time, and we wanted to thank you again for your time and support. Please feel free to reach out for any concerns you may have in the future.

• administrators

@minertrader Thank you for your reply and your time. The community appreciates your participation and welcomes your questions.We also want to be able to communicate with community members. thank you.

• @minertrader im sorry for not noticing this message, but i think you have many ways to contact me or chuige. Each member of our oversea promotion team is responsible for part of the promotion, but we are not independent, if we havnt noticed your message, you can ask our team mates responsible for slack to convey it, or contact us through other channels.

• @guibotong I never ever talked with Dutchasch I just wrote the what he posted on the slack a couple of times and in that regard I never seen an official version of the problem. However none of what I wrote about this matter was becuase he (Dutchasch) asked me to do it, that was my point view based in the information that I knew. Please forgive me if something of what I said make you feel bad or disrespected it was not my intention.

• @minertrader said in Actual status of Asch:

@loveferwitt I don't know if Im wrong or what happend because the message was sent to Chuige and LittleWhale as the official link mention: "Chuige and LittleWhale are responsible for the promotion of Bitcointalk account" http://bbs.asch.io/topic/465/the-establishment-and-publicity-of-the-asch-community-global-promotion-group
    And the draft was for the ANN in bitcointalk so I thought they were the correct persons, the message was sent in September 15th.

What message do you mean?

• administrators

@minertrader said in Actual status of Asch:

Dutchasch

Hey,guys,thank you for your talk here.And I also want to talk with u about something. I don't know what your relationship with Dutchasch, but you're just making a rumor for him, and I'm very dissatisfied. Dutchasch used to help ASCH with some pictures, video and publicity, and we also gave 1000xas for his work.You can check it. The community didn't let his efforts paid off. Dutchasch used to help ASCH contacte litebit platform, but litebit not exchange, but only an over-the-counter (OTC), and it is not very well-known.After our evaluation, we decided not to go to this OTC platform. As for $50,000 reward, would you please ask Dutchasch was ever help to contact Poloniex for us? why di him do nothing and dare to claim for $50,000?

• administrators

@nial
    sorry to make you confused,for English is not my mother language. i mean the team need some time to do these work like responds and explanation,etc.

• @alliance I'm sorry to disagree with you, time has nothing to do here and will certainly not give us answers to the problems that are clearly announced. The answers are simple and can be find right now : We need to change the way the communication and marketing is done. Even the text for the AMA that was supposed to give confidence to everyone is not written in this way. It's easy to stick on a cheery but serious way with a bit for knowledge in communication writing. Ok to be a community but a community needs to have key members with solid background to lead others in communication or marketing or more time will only make you fall from higher and make the climb far more difficult that if we were starting right now to change communication team.

• Im gonna wait till the Q&A to take my decision about asch, thank you to everybody that took their time to read and answer my post.

• @loveferwitt I don't know if Im wrong or what happend because the message was sent to Chuige and LittleWhale as the official link mention: "Chuige and LittleWhale are responsible for the promotion of Bitcointalk account" http://bbs.asch.io/topic/465/the-establishment-and-publicity-of-the-asch-community-global-promotion-group
    And the draft was for the ANN in bitcointalk so I thought they were the correct persons, the message was sent in September 15th.

• @gorazeal the miners don't share anything with us, why should we pay for vote them. If I want make charity I will go to poor people. Come on no logic. Lisk delegates give even 90% to voters but here we have delegates who just make yourself rich.

• @minertrader 100% agree. I agree with you in all the points and the NEW SITE is just a SHAME for Asch project and people who waited with hope for this change should feel disappointed. I don't know how many money did Asch get on ICO but we didn't see any raport about financial state of Asch and we didn't see people who we have trusted investing our money. What are you afraid people? Why don't you want show your faces and names, why do you hide?

• I also agree with most of what @minertrader mentioned, but community members also have to see that there is no "one-size-fits-all" solution to many of these concerns, it is impossible to create or do something that everyone likes equally.

1. Getting a coin listed on an exchange is extremely difficult, because exchanges choose coins based on hype, publicity and market cap - of course they do, they are profit oriented. I do not wish to comment on the event involving Dutchasch because there is not enough information. Definitely a few misunderstandings have happened, but I do not see any reason to blame any party.

2. The people involved in marketing are very active and have achieved a lot already. Many of the community members are helping because they are proud of the achievements and enjoy working together with other people. Rewards do boost engagement, but if the Asch team decided not to give out any rewards, I am sure many would still stay and help out. No marketing agency would do that, and they do not know the product this well either.

3. The new site provides a lot of very useful information and the people who are interested in Asch will see the new site as a big step forward. Of course it is possible to add more colors and animations, but it is just decoration, no one will invest because "they just like the colors". Those people would just create pump and dump situations and are hard to deal with.
      Everyone is welcome to share ideas they like, maybe even create a (private) WordPress website or a mockup, but there should be no expectations that they will be implemented as they are.
      Asch is a community driven project but the official team has to take responsibility and make decisions, and people should respect that, otherwise the community has no direction to follow.

4. The team information on the website is for westerners a big plus, not because we want to know every detail about each team member, but because if we have questions we know who to address directly. I think listing names, positions and email addresses at Asch would already help, such that we know who makes decisions in those areas and such that direct communication is possible.

5. The delegate system as it is actually provides security for the network. It is extremely hard to become a 101 delegate and you have to show proof that you are an active community member. Giving out percentages does not entirely solve anything either because if someone said they would just give a higher percentage to the voters than the other delegate, people would just be chasing reward percentages instead of deciding which delegate is active in the community. It is true, there are many delegates who are already delegates are maybe not as active anymore as others that want to be in the 101, but they have also worked hard for it, just earlier.

6. Rewards may be better organized and easier to follow in case the reward amount and project requirement is decided prior to the actual creation/activity. On which channels these are communicated should be decided by the Asch team - I would encourage Slack because it is available for the Asch community, but not public on the internet.

Please feel free to share your thoughts, even if you see things differently :slight_smile:
    Cheers!

• Hi Minertrader. Thank you for bringing your concerns to ASCH and for doing it constructively. I recently joined the ASCH Global Team.

I read your post, an although I am not informed enough to have an opinion about some, I agree with many of your concerns.

The most fundamental (DPOS) will not be possible to consider before further into the future. Right now the challenge for ASCH is to adapt and grow, and with the current Chinese blockchain environment, the stress for the team is increasing.

To survive in such an environment, with limited resources, there will be pain while growing. However ASCH has a soild foundation with a great team, a leading DAPP technology and a passionate community. That is a good recipe for future success. The challenge now is to choose what area to prioritize, and one of your point, improving the website, should be one of them.

• This post needs more upvotes! Thank you for bringing these flaws to light in an organized fashion for the people who need to see it and make a change.

Looks like your connection to Asch was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.