Asch and Internet of Things (IoT)

• Dear Devs, Your genious project planning adaptation for Internet of Things (IoT) or even Value Internet of Things (VioT) ? I know You are overloaded with job now so i just akking if this topic is interesting for You and if one day You will try to be huge player in this future technology game :) ?

• @michael said in Asch and Internet of Things (IoT):

@aschvoter
    First of all, I have to admit that my english is not good, and try my best to put my opinion.

IOT is a great concept and it really applies widely. But there exist many difficulties for Asch team to design IOT well into blockchain, because it beyonds the ability of a software team (not only Asch but also most other blockchain team). For example, sensors is necessary for IOT, so where/when/what sensors should be taken, what signals the sensors can output and what hardware communication protocols are widely applied in all kinds of industry ... The IOT system needs a versatile team with experts both software and hardware. Further more, thinking of the great difference of software and hardware, a person who is able to conbine software and hardware to a good net system is necessary. Although, some blockchain teams claim they aim to the IOT field, it doesn't mean they have the ability. At least, no one shows a set of real interconnected IOT hardware demo with blockchain software. (If have, please tell me, I am very curious on IOT+blockchain like you, thanks).

Thanks for interesting, "Panta rhei" so we will see what future will bring

• @aschvoter
    First of all, I have to admit that my english is not good, and try my best to put my opinion.

IOT is a great concept and it really applies widely. But there exist many difficulties for Asch team to design IOT well into blockchain, because it beyonds the ability of a software team (not only Asch but also most other blockchain team). For example, sensors is necessary for IOT, so where/when/what sensors should be taken, what signals the sensors can output and what hardware communication protocols are widely applied in all kinds of industry ... The IOT system needs a versatile team with experts both software and hardware. Further more, thinking of the great difference of software and hardware, a person who is able to conbine software and hardware to a good net system is necessary. Although, some blockchain teams claim they aim to the IOT field, it doesn't mean they have the ability. At least, no one shows a set of real interconnected IOT hardware demo with blockchain software. (If have, please tell me, I am very curious on IOT+blockchain like you, thanks).

• 物联网应用与区块链结合

• Dear Gui BoTong,
    One aspect is what@Gorazeal said about problems of transactions like scalability etc which is not problem for Asch now, but what is problem for Bitcoin.
    But what's further, We can make use of our Asch blockchain advantages and start thinking about use it in IOT. Me, personally and more and more people thinking that IOT seems to be future of our lives. Even ETC Devs try to implement some of improvements to get ready for IOT (roadmap is interesting also because of mentioned Javascript)
    https://www.etcdevteam.com/blog/articles/roadmap-2018.html

I really like this article which shows blockchain and IOT relations:
    https://datafloq.com/read/securing-internet-of-things-iot-with-blockchain/2228

Especially this could be conclusion and little digest for open-minded community which Asch is building:

"In an IoT network, the blockchain can keep an immutable record of the history of smart devices. This feature enables the autonomous functioning of smart devices without the need for centralized authority. As a result, the blockchain opens the door to a series of IoT scenarios that were remarkably difficult, or even impossible to implement without it.

By leveraging the blockchain, IoT solutions can enable secure, trustless messaging between devices in an IoT network. In this model, the blockchain will treat message exchanges between devices similar to financial transactions in a bitcoin network. To enable message exchanges, devices will leverage smart contracts which then model the agreement between the two parties.

In this scenario, we can sensor from afar, communicating directly with the irrigation system in order to control the flow of water based on conditions detected on the crops. Similarly, smart devices in an oil platform can exchange data to adjust functioning based on weather conditions."

• This post is deleted!

• I guess question of author is about DAG(directed acyclic graph) technology, many people see this as a suppressor of blockchain because transactions are instant and zero fees-look RaiBlocks(XRB). I am curious about this also, if project like ASCH can implement this technology in future? Because i think it may be very popular looking how people are excited about iota, raib, hshare and byteball..

• administrators

@aschvoter What do you mean? I am interest about more details of your opinion.

Looks like your connection to Asch was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.