[2018-10-04] Head of IMF: Cryptocurrencies Poses Challenges to Financial System
Christine Lagarde ranked cryptocurrencies as one of the risky areas that could play a role in the future financial crisis. Head also notes that digital assets will significantly change people's lives.
“Despite [crypto's] potential benefits, our knowledge of its potential risks and how they might play out is still developing. Increased cybersecurity risks pose challenges for financial institutions, financial infrastructure, and supervisors.”
Financial technologies and cybercrime were designated as risky areas, however, “potential benefits” are also mentioned. Earlier, Lagarde expressed an opinion that "the crypto-assets that survive could have a significant impact on how we save, invest and pay our bills".
- SBI Ripple Asia's MoneyTap App Has Been Launched;
- Bitfinex Announced Maintenance, Causing "Prices Uncertainty";
- Abra Launches New Token Based on the Top-10 Crypto Portfolio;
- Bithumb Plans to Release DEX Before the End of October.
- All news for today — read on Steemit— only important (full report)
- Read the daily digest — Telegram — only important for past 24 hours
- Перевод новостей — Telegram — все самое важное за 24 часа
Have an interesting idea? Share it - this is very important to us.